Our Next Step youth program is targeted at any young person aged 17—24 who has left school early or disengaged from mainstream education. The aim of this pathway program is to give young people an opportunity to re-engage and experience learning in a supportive and flexible space.
Next Step is a package of ACFE funded courses to assist with the development of personal and employability skills that can navigate pathways for future education and/or employment opportunities.
Our facilitators, Heather and Jane will use their experience and knowledge to provide practical down-to-earth strategies, useful advice and tips to help students gain confidence and skills for future pathways.
*Learning the Ropes – Wednesdays 9.30am—11.30am 17 July to 18 September (10 weeks)
Gain an understanding of what you need to know when looking for
work and or further education. Learning the Ropes will show you:
- how to work out what your personal strengths and limitations are and how to build them up/improve on them;
- what’s the best way to find/apply for jobs and/or courses;
- what you need to do for a job/course application and interview;
- what employers are looking for in their employees;
- build on how to work in a team environment with a diverse range of people.
*Create Your Story – Wednesdays 12.30pm—2.30pm 17 July to 18 September (10 weeks)
Create your story is about using Art to help you to:
- express yourself as you want to be;
- gain confidence and experience in trying new things;
- build a more positive state of emotional well-being and improve mental health;
- tell the world your story visually;
- learn to use different mediums and techniques that could help with Visual Art courses.
*Weeks 1 & 10 finish 1/2 hour later
Hospitality Basics… it’s about food and more! – Tuesdays 9.30am—12.30pm 23 July to 3 September (7 weeks)
Our onsite Café is the perfect learning space for this 7 week course!
This course is designed to provide an opportunity for participants to learn basic hospitality skills from the ground up!
An exciting addition to this course is that participants will also gain basic food preparation skills by making a simple meal each week to share and enjoy!
Learning about budgeting, shopping, following recipes, using basic kitchen equipment and more! The focus is on self-development and confidence building while learning new skills and having fun!
Subsidised by Adult Community & Further Education Ref: 19VOCArtThe/19EMPOffAd/19VOCBasHos
Enrol in this course by phoning us on 9803 2335 or email email@example.com